How To Find Affordable Short Term Disability Insurance
Your paycheck is your greatest asset. And while most Americans have some savings on the side, these are rarely enough to cover a few months without a paycheck.
If you consider the fact that there is a high probability of an event happening that will cause a short-term disability in your working life, it’s clear why having short-term disability insurance is crucial to maintaining your livelihood.
Only 40% of American employers offer short-term disability insurance as a benefit for their employees, which means it’s up to you to do the research and find an agent that can find you an affordable short-term disability insurance quote.
How to find the most affordable short term disability insurance
Getting the right short-term disability insurance quote can prove to be more complicated than it looks at first glance.
There are many factors to consider, such as gender, age, occupation, and life habits. Only experienced insurance agents with in-depth knowledge of the market can get the affordable short-term disability insurance you need.
With that in mind, here are some factors that impact how affordable short term disability insurance will be for you:
- Your age and health
- Your gender
- Whether you smoke or not
- Your occupation
- Length of the waiting period
- Your income
- Length of benefits
- Extra features you may want to include
Depending on your personal information and the type of insurance policy you have, you will be offered a short-term disability quote. This quote will give you an idea of how high your premium will be and how much you will receive in case of short-term disability.
What to look for in affordable short term disability insurance quotes
Some things you should pay attention to when analyzing your short term quotes are:
- Type of disability insurance you want – whether it’s short term or long term disability insurance
- The coverage amount you would receive – you can expect anywhere between 40% and 70% of your base salary depending on the type of disability insurance you choose
- The waiting period between your injury and the time you would start to receive the disability benefits
- How long your benefits would last once you begin receiving them
The cost of your disability insurance – the monthly premiums you would pay to maintain your disability insurance policy
- Pre-existing conditions that are excluded from the disability insurance policy
- Any extra features you want to include in your disability
To get the best insurance benefits, you need the most affordable short-term disability insurance quote that will give you the best terms.
This is where we step into the picture. We have a team of insurance agents that can analyze the best, most affordable short-term disability insurance quotes on the market. They will present them side by side to you, so you can get the insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle the most.
Choosing the most affordable short term disability insurance
After you’ve gathered quotes from several insurance companies, you can compare them and choose the most affordable short term disability insurance. One provider may be better with the coverage amount, another company may provide longer coverage, and the third one may have lesser premiums. It’s important to ask yourself several questions before you make a decision:
- How much of your income would you need to be replaced if you were disabled?
- How long are you willing to wait to receive the benefits?
- How long do you want the benefits to last?
- What types of disabilities would you like to be covered against?
In the end, the provider you choose should depend on your financial needs, but also your budget. It would be best if you had affordable short term disability insurance that can protect both your interest and your money, so you don’t end up paying more than what you signed up for.
This is why our agents work with you every step of the way. They are professionals dedicated to finding you the best, most affordable short term disability insurance quotes that are custom-made exclusively for you and your needs.
- Disability Insurance for Physicians
- Disability Insurance for Professionals
- Short Term Disability Insurance Quote
- Long Term Disability Insurance Quote
- Disability Insurance For Individuals
- Group Disability Insurance Companies
- Physician Disability Insurance
- Personal Disability Insurance
- Disability Income Insurance Quotes